Version 0.1, build 3623By zeh • Nov 25th, 2008 • Category: New releases
Fnk has been updated. The new version is 0.1, build 3623. This update applies to both the browser and standalone versions of Fnk.
This version introduces a number of tentative nodes and Sound features. However, the standalone/AIR version seem to have a problem with Sound playback and some of the features aren’t currently working there.
- ImageFile (Image): a different type of I/O node: it load an image file from the disk when double-clicked and outputs it as Image data
- Opacity (Graphic): sets the opacity of a Graphic instance; will probably change in the future, or be completely removed in favor of more complex color control nodes. It’s there as a test
- Length (Array): returns the number of items in an Array of any data type
- SoundFile (Sound): a different type of I/O node: it load an MP3 file from the disk when double-clicked and outputs it as Sound data
- AudioOut (Sound): plays Sound data
- AudioSpectrum (Sound): performs analysis of the global audio spectrum, both waveform and FFT, generating an Array of Numbers as output
- WaveGenerator (Sound): generates a wave and plays it. This is a very early sound synthesis node and it WILL change. It’s there as a test
Other changes and notes:
- Fixed: opening patches with links created between connectors that don’t exist anymore won’t crash anymore when the engine tries to set the connector visibility as “linked”